Jude came home with a school assignment a few weeks ago. The assignment, make a leprechaun trap. Me, Shauna and Jude brainstormed many ideas of what we felt would be the best way to trap a leprechaun using a simple machine (lever, axel and wheel, pulley, wedge, etc.). At first we thought it would be a breeze. However the more we thought about it the more difficult it became. At first we were going to build it with Legos. We quickly tossed that idea out the window and went a different direction. The new plan was to trick the leprechaun into coming to a well disguised "Party House." He would open the door and a cage would fall and trap him. We spent many hours on it. Jude completed and took the project to class and got 100% (which we were happy about). When we asked him how it went he said: "well it trapped the leprechaun but the leprechaun got away."